Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Breathe, Repeat As Needed

Take a deep breathe, exhale, repeat as many times as needed.


Taking needed time to calm down and relax is key.  Sadly, we forget how to do this.  Either way, it's funny how we need to relax in two different ways. 

We all know about being physically tired.  We can go running at the park, maintenance work around the house or working out, we make time for our bodies.  We'll grab a bottle of water, watch something on TV, or fill our stomachs back up.  But what about the second way that people forget?

Think about the last time you were 'mentally' tired.  What did you do?  Did you even do anything? 

We know when we're mentally tired, but we hardly do anything about it.  Personally, when I'm mentally tired, I turn off my iPhone and computer.  Can you remember the last time you turned your phone off or didn't check a status update?

People will lose sleep so they can be in contact with people.  REALLY!?!?!  COME ON!!!

Chill out because the world will still be around if your phone is off.

I wasn't feeling that great Sunday.  I helped my buddy move all day Saturday and went out drinking.  Needless to say, I wore myself out.  So I turned off my phone, and pretty much slept through Sunday.  That's not an exaggeration either! I was probably awake for a total of four hours.  Thank goodness my alarm was set for work.

Then something magical happened Monday.  My two bosses were out.  It wasn't quite, the cats away but the mice will play.  We got our work done and did a great job.  But for the first time in months, we had no stress, no yelling, and especially no one bitching about our jobs!

Moral of the story:
We all have time.  However we don't take advantage of it.  We make sure to rest our bodies, but never our brains.  Fried from exams, arguing with family, the list goes on and on. We've all been through it.  It's simple too.  Just take a breathe, and step away from your life for a brief period of time. 

Take a deal breathe, exhale, repeat as many times as needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment