Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Support for Stow


This isn't exactly breaking new, BUT GOD DAMN DO I LOVE BASEBALL.

Really, I love everything about it.  The smell of the dirt, the chess like complexity of strategizing, the high-ticket prices....

Ok, maybe not everything, but pretty damn close.

I've been a Yankee fan since I was knee high.    In case you were wondering, no, I'm not a fan who's on the bandwagon.  Hell, I remember the 80's & early 90's teams.  I shiver, just thinking about it.

Now one of my best friends is a Red Sox fan.  How we haven't secretly killed each other yet, I don't know, but we have some great times during the season.  

Because above the respect we have for each other, and passion for our teams, we're baseball fans.  Utter die hard baseball fans.  

We get strange looks at bars.  Mostly because people don't understand how we're laughing and not getting ready to punch each other.  

The thought is ridiculous for the sheer fact that, it's still just a game people.  Of course, their is always that one asshole that has to fuck it up for everyone.

Actually, it's two.  Two mysterious Dodger fans in Los Angeles.

Opening day was about a month ago.  The L.A. Dodgers were hosting their rivals, the San Francisco Giants.  After the game, Bryan Stow, long time San Francisco Giants fan, was attacked in the parking lot.

He was brutally beaten by two, probably drunken, but definite jerk off, Dodger fans.  He suffered.....

Why?  All be cause he had the wrong team colors on.  How's this different than gang activity, I don't know.  But its a travesty that should not have happened.

These people have altered this man's life forever.  His children will never be able to fully enjoy their father's company.  So many precious moments, that haven't even happen yet, are now tarnished.  And over what?  All because of a game!!!

People really need to step back, take a deep breath and chill the fuck out.  I love sports but people get too caught up in the hype.  Throw in some booze that's advertised along with the game, and you'll always have one ass that's causing trouble.

So please, chill out, and oh I don't know, take it easy on the booze.  This is violence that we can easily avoid.  Lastly, while you're at it, say a prayer for Bryan.

Play ball...

No comments:

Post a Comment