Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Cheating Ways People Can Live


The Governator, It’s not a toomah and I’ll be back.  There, I got all the jokes and saying out of the way about Arnold Schwarzenegger.  Now onto the serious stuff.

What a piece of shit!

I’ve never had sympathy, or tolerance, for anyone who cheats on their spouse, partner, boyfriend or girlfriend.  Nope, in my book, those people are more worthless than clothes dryer lint.

To take someone’s trust/love, and be able to just spit on it in return, is appalling.  Doesn’t matter if you’re a celebrity or the average Joe (or Jane for that matter), they all fall into the same worthless category. 

Love, if I had to describe it in one sentence would be: The ability to care for someone above your own well being.

So I can’t truly understand how someone can take love for granted like this.  Love is probably the greatest gift anyone on this planet can have.  I know it sounds corny, but John Lennon was right, all you need is love.

By cheating, you’re inflicting so much hurt onto the other person.  I know this because it happened to me.

For so long I was saving up for the ring my girlfriend wanted by working countless hours of overtime and side jobs.  The ring she found was out of my price range, but I wanted to do it right, and get the one she wanted.  I also started a new job that was a huge opportunity.  The catch, it was a graveyard shift, and I had a lot of trouble adjusting to it.

I had a down payment on the engagement ring, and was going to ask my girlfriend’s father for permission the next day (knowing he was going to say yes).  Then, a bomb was dropped on me that literally shook my world.  

Guess what she told me…

Literally, my life was turned upside down.  I didn’t know what to do or how to react.   Plans and goals we had created together suddenly vanished.  We didn’t have any kids together, so obviously it could’ve been a lot worse.  But it did affect more than just me.  Our families and friends were in disbelief and didn’t know what to say.

I can go into more details about the situation, but it’s beyond depressing and hurts just thinking about it.

So when the news broke, I didn’t think about what an asshole Arnold is, instead, all I thought about is poor Maria Shriver and their kids.  After so many years, to go through something so terrible and public must be devastating.  I can only imagine the pain and anguish they must be going through.  I hope only the best for her.  In fact, I hope for the best for anyone going through something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment