Thursday, May 12, 2011

DAY 28: Surviving The Zombie Apocalypse

It's been 28 days since I told you about the zombie apocalypse.  I felt that it was quite appropriate that today I check in with you.

We had our chance.  We could've capitalized on the moment. 

Did we though? 
No, of course not.

Think of it like ants.  You start off with one or two stragglers.  Before you know it, they have a colony, and turn into an army.

The news reported it as a new pandemic.  Kind of like the 'Mad Cow disease' or 'Pig virus' of 2011.  Myself and others saw the signs though.  So we prepared.

Meanwhile, the virus (for lack of a better term) was spreading.  People needed help, but there was nothing anyone could do.  I'll give'em credit though.  People fought like hell to help the sick.  But their flesh just ended up fueling them, and spreading the virus.

I don't know how the zombie virus came to be.  Tell you the truth, I'm not sure if I should care. 

Eh, who am I kidding, of course I'd love to know.  I just don't have time to think about it.

See, while everyone thought this was some type of pandemic, I stocked up and boarded myself in my house.  I charged a lot at the supermarket and home depot.  I knew that if things got rough, I wouldn't exactly see a bill.

I have food, water and a generator to last me.  But the whole time, I have to think one step ahead.

Worst of all, I know this isn't going to get better any time soon.  Things are bound to get worse. 

That thinking is what's keeping me alive.

I saw it coming, so I'm prepared.

I know what's ahead of us, so I buckled down.

I want to survive this, so I'll do whatever is damn well necessary. 

Hopefully I'll be able to check in with much better news.  We all must fight on.

No comments:

Post a Comment