Wednesday, May 25, 2011

End of the World - Part 2

What do mosquitoes and Harold Camping have in common?  Give up?  They're both annoying little insignificant fucks that won't stop bothering us.

May 21st, the end of the world, was all you heard about.  Offhand, I can think of four billboards advertising the end of the world.  It's all because of this worthless jack wagon.

He predicted the end of the world for the fifth time since 1994.  Why did he think this?  According to Camping, the gay community is essentially the right hand of the devil, and it's corrupting earth.

As much as I'd like to make fun of this crusty old bigot, I can't.  Now, Camping says he was off by five months.  Yup, the rapture is now happening October 21st

You might think this miscalculation of his, is even more of a reason to ridicule him.  I can't do it though, frankly because this is too serious to laugh at.

No, not that his prediction is serious.

People are donating millions to his cause to spread the word of 'the end of  days', families are no longer together because they argued that we were going to die on Saturday, lastly Camping is spreading his bigotry towards the gay community.

All of these are serious problems caused by this d-bag.  So I can't laugh at this end of the world part 2.

I was talking to a co-worker about this.  I said, "I hate Camping for how he's spread these ideas, and affecting people.  Unfortunately, I don't think we can stop him due to free speech."

My co-worker responded saying, "Freedom of speech doesn't mean you're allowed to yell fire in a movie theater when there isn't one.  So why should he essentially say it?"

----------

Never-mind what we think. What are your thoughts on the matter?  Leave any thoughts you may have on the matter below.

No comments:

Post a Comment