Thursday, May 5, 2011

Let Life Be Full of Candy Canes & Rainbows

A few years ago I was in a car accident.  It wasn't horrendous, but it could've been a lot worse. 

The car was totaled, and I still have some back issues.  Again, it could've been worse, so I count my blessings.

See, I thought for sure it was all over for me.  My truck, at about 60mph, was spinning across 5 lanes of highway traffic.  The truck wanted to tip over, and I'm still, not sure how It didn't do cartwheels across the highway.

So with good reason, I try to live life to the fullest.  A friend asked recently, "Why do you have to be such a nice guy?"

I chuckled and said, "We won't be here forever, might as well live it up."

So when I saw a top ten list of - "Living Life to the Fullest" - I had to check it out.

I really think it's a great list.  Doesn’t matter on your gender; all that matter is sticking to these rules throughout life.  So here they are, with some insight of yours truly.

10. HAVE A GOAL TO ACCOMPLISH
Bottom line; we all need something to strive for.  Doesn’t matter if it’s short term, or long term.  Think things through.  Don’t just follow the routine of life.  Ask yourself what you’re trying to do.

9. PLAN YOUR MEALS FOR THE WEEK
Think it’s stupid?  WRONG!  This simple step will help you worry less and build a healthier body.  Do it for a week.  You’ll be surprised how great you’ll feel after.

8.  SCHEDULE A VACATION IN ADVANCE
Sometimes, you really need to get away from it all.  It happens to the best of us.  So go ahead and plan something nice.

7. PLAN HANGING WITH PEOPLE DAYS AHEAD OF TIME
Hanging out with good people will always equal good times.  So if you want to have some fun, plan something with them days in advance.
6. TRY NEW HOBBIES EVERY FEW MONTHS
You need to switch it up and try new things.  Either get your hands dirty or get in touch with your artistic side.  Who knows what can become a passion.

5.  TAKE A NAP
How can you argue with this one?  You always feel like a million bucks after a nap.  If you think I’m wrong, well, you deserve a slap in the face.

4. UNPLUG
Turn off the phone and just go for a walk.  Get lost in your thoughts for 30 minutes.  It’ll do wonders for you.

3. GET SUNLIGHT
We’ve all had days when we’re either stuck in the office for a full day (aka-florescent hell) or had cabin fever.  The sun is a magical ball in the sky.  Give it a try.

2. HAVE SEX
Do I really have to explain why?  You should only wonder why this isn’t number one.

1. EXERCISE ISN’T NEGOTIABLE
Take care of your body, and it’ll treat you well.  Get out and move around.  Every day will seem like a lottery prize.




No comments:

Post a Comment