Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Team America, Fuck Yeah!!!

I made a promise to myself.

Never use a shitty excuse for, not posting, a blog.   Furthermore, 'Monday Man Law' bogs must go up every Monday no matter what.

Why?

They're the most fun, and easiest to write.

This Monday, no blog.

I'm okay with it though. A blog shouldn't have been posted.  It wasn't a day for for semi-crude, off topic, wacky jokes. 

Nope.  This is one of those amazing, "Where were you" moments.

I went to bed early Sunday night.  My allergies and eyes were killing me.  After a fun filled day at Yankee Stadium, I decided too go to bed early.  So I took some allergy medicine, and was out cold.

I overslept just a little. 

Then I notice the absurd amount of emails, text messages and voicemails on my phone.  I was worried. 

The first email I read, "Reports Bin Laden has been killed".  I didn't really have to read the rest.

I got up, smiling ear to ear, and went into my morning routine. 

I went into the bathroom, and looked into the mirror.  I thought to myself, "we got him".  The smile was still there, but I started to tear up.

So many emotions, so many thoughts, and so many years, came down to this day.  I really didn't know how to react.

I just knew I couldn't post my original blog.  I still felt like it would've been in bad taste. 

All I could think about were my friends that serve.  I was wondering what they were thinking and what they'll say about this.

I can't help it.  I love hearing quotes about what people think about matters. 

So on that note, here are some quotes of some people, you know.

In closing I'd like to say the following. 
TEAM AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!!!!

HOWARD STERN – Shock Jock
“Every Hollywood starlet should offer to sleep w/ the Navy Seals who killed Osama Bin Laden.”

PHILADELPHIA PHILLY FANS DURING SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL
“USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!”

MARIANO RIVERA – Yankee Closer
“All I said was, ‘Justice’!”
MIKE TYSON – FORMER HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION
“Obama got rid of Osama!!!”
Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA)
“Killing of Osama bin Laden marks a critical and victorious milestone in the war on terror”
U.S. Senator Roy Blunt (Mo)
This development is the culmination of the sacrifices and dedication from our brave troops and intelligence professionals.
Rep. Adam Smith (D-WA)"His death is a victory for all those who champion freedom around the world and sends a resounding message to violent extremists who seek to do our country harm.

Rep. Peter T. King (R-NY)
“Today, the American people have seen justice.”
Eric Cantor (R-VA)
"Families who lost loved ones at the hands of Bin Laden and his terrorist organization have grieved for far too long and this sends a signal that America will not tolerate terrorism in any form.”
President George W. Bush
“The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message:  No matter how long it takes, justice will be done.
John McCain (R-AZ)“The world is a better and more just place now that Osama bin Laden is no longer in it.”
Hilary Clinton
“You cannot wait us out.  You cannot defeat us.”
PRESIDENT OBAMA
“Justice has been done."


Michele Bachmann (MN)
Their persistence and dedicated service has yielded success in a mission that has gripped our nation since the terrible events of 9/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment