Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Friend In Need, Is Apparently A Friend To Sue

In Boy Scouts they say 'Do A Good Deed Daily'.

The Bible says, 'Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you'.

Others call it, 'Human decency' or 'Common Sense'.

Helping others...that's the bottom line.  Your fellow man/woman needs a hand; your conscience tells you to help out in whatever way possible.

Others do this as a living.  EMT's, firefighters; the titles go on and on.

But those who help out and make sacrifices; need the saving.

They'd run into fires, car crashes & a number of other dangers; ignoring the consequences, because they realize someone is in danger.  

How are they repaid?  With lawsuits.  Lawsuits, that can tear their lives apart.

Due to which, The Good Samaritan law was made.

The law basically protects those who help injured people. That's the essence of the law.  I say essence, because not only is it different from one country to another, but it's also different from state to state.

I have friends who are New Jersey EMT's.  So I asked how the rule applies to them.  Basically, they're protected while on the job, and while off duty.  So they don't have to worry about being sued, just for helping someone out.

I'm not 100% sure on how it applies to regular New Jersey citizens.  So I'm not going to go into detail.

But do I really have to?

How pathetic are we as people to even need this law?  At what point during the existence of man, did we take such a wrong turn, that it's gotten this ridiculous?

All I can do is shake my head in astonishment.  I've heard of more cases of people trying to get an easy dime, than cases of people really needing protecting.  It's just so sad.  Those looking for a dime, should be ashamed of themselves.  Those are the type of people who are hurting the system, and others.

I'll say this much in closing.  I love breathing.  In fact, I'm a big fan of it.  We go waaaaay back.  So if you ever notice that I've suddenly kicked my nasty breathing habit.  Please, help a guy out, and perform CPR.

No comments:

Post a Comment