Thursday, June 30, 2011

Just Another Manic Work Day

Yesterday was the happiest sad day I've had at work in a while.  As a side note, if you can understand that statement, I feel terrible for you.

I really like my job.  Honest to god I do.  It's something I try not to take for granted or forget.  Lately though, it's been pretty easy to forget that.

New management came in for the show I've been working on. Within a week, that person pissed on my happiness.  It's been a sinking ship ever since.  We've argued about idiotic topics from balloons to twitter posts.  Over the last few months, I've probably uttered five words to him.

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt at first.  I was trying to be positive, but I was passed over for promotion after promotion.  Now if I was passed over by very skilled/seasoned experts, I could understand.  Bu no, they're god damn morons too.

Now, based on my description, you're probably still confused by the happiest sad day comment I started with.  Let me explain.

At a bare minimum you're at work 8 hours a day/5 days a week.  You see your co-workers more than you'll see your friends and family, because of which, I treated my co-workers like friends and family.

After talking so long about topics ranging from fantasy baseball to raising kids; I got attached. 

So I was forced to move on.

But that doesn't matter now.  I'm starting on a new show, and I can't wait.  I haven't been excited to go to work in a while, it's a great feeling.

Tell you the truth, everyone deserves that feeling.  Every single person should be happy with what they do.  I know I am, which is one reason I'm my goofy/joking self.  So work towards your dream job, because you deserve to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment