Thursday, June 16, 2011

Living The Dream & Loving Life Even More

There's one quality about myself that I'm proud I can honestly say. I'm one of the few people who can say, "I love what I do for a living". I worked my damn ass off to get where I am in television.

Am I making tons of money? Haha...hell no.
Am I seeking to be a famous talented news anchor? Nope...not for me.
Am I hungry to be the biggest and best news producer in the country? Damn right I am.
Most importantly, am I happy? That friends, is a scream up to the rafters emphatic YES!!!

I love this quality about me. In fact, the only thing I love more, is when I see that happiness in someone else's eyes. It's a bright aura you can see from a mile away. There's one person in particular who's aura is so bright that, well, it'll blind you. In a good way of course. :)


My friend Dailyn (Daii) Santana is that person in particular.

Now before I go further, let me reiterate this. I’m not writing this to get on her "good side" so I can make a move on her. This is something I WANTED to write.

Now, I always said that I wouldn't do reviews of any sort, and I'll stick to the craziness of day-to-day life. But here's the catch. Daii (pronounced day) is an amazing role model at her young age, and if I complained about anything, it would sound like cries of jealousy.

When I first met her, it was while meeting up with friends and carpooling to our favorite NYC hangout. I remember going into some kind of long rant, and then wrapping it up with a funny joke (the way I usually tell stories).

Daii looked at me straight faced and said, "Wow, you're amazing at telling stories. The way you emphasize on words and pause for effect is really impressive."

I was utterly dumbfounded. The only words I can muster up was an inquisitive, "Uh...really."

See I always tried to be a good storyteller, even before I wanted to be in news. The reason being, my voice. Were you ever ridiculed for something ruthlessly while growing up? Well for me, the high pitch voice was my “something”, and what did Daii just do, she complimented it!

I waited for her to say something; a punch line, a snappy remark, something!!! All I got in response was, “Uh…yeah really.”

So this is the point where you’d say something along the lines of, “Oh, what a nice girl to say something like that.” Yes, you’re absolutely right, but here’s the thing. She has a career in modeling and acting. Two careers in which you have an open invitation for narcissism. Think about it, people want to be near you, you’re showered with compliments, and guys want to “be” with you. Hell, I expect most women to just treat me nasty just because.

Instead, she treated me with respect, and gave me a chance to be me.

Now what does her attitude have to do with a career? Well, Miss Daii was just signed on to a big talent agency and will be traveling the world this summer. Oh, and if that’s not enough, she’s going to be in a movie of a very successful franchise!!!

So how does she respond to the news? By consistently thanking her friends, and of course her family. Hell, she sang praises about my blog, and omitted the fact an agency signed her :P


All I can say is that Hollywood better not try to change this one, because she’ll kick its ass for trying!

Another day at the office for Miss Santana

The first time we hung out.  As you can see, I wore my saturday best...

1 comment:

  1. HECK YES ILL OPEN UP A CAN OF GOYA IF THE INDUSTRY TRIES TO CHANGE ME

    ReplyDelete