Monday, June 13, 2011

Man-Law #8: Phone + Bathroom = NO!

I FOUND IT!!!

It’s possibly the biggest faux pas of Man-Law.  I can't believe it's taken so long for me to post it. 

During those awkward teen years, guys would always roll their eyes, or make fun of the way women go in groups to the bathroom.  Now, the tables have turned.

For the record, I never thought I'd say/write this next line, but here it is…

Man-Law #8: Phone + Bathroom = NO!

While in the men's room people have dropped their blackberry in the urinal, checked stocks, and been so loud, the person could probably hear them without the phone.

For those who don't believe me, well, it's true. 

For the rest who think it's no big deal, well, you deserve to have my boot wedged into your ass.

People need to pay attention to bathroom etiquette.

First off, outside of last night's game, men shouldn't talk in the bathroom.  A nod however, is acceptable (seeing as men can have a full conversation through a nod).

Secondly, what on earth makes you think being on your phone is a good idea!?!  Are you so addicted to technology that you can't be away from it for 5 minutes? Let’s be honest, unless you’re a doctor that people depend on, you’re not that important to be attached to a phone. 

Within those four walls, can’t there be just SOME privacy?  While people are in the stalls, I hear clicks and clacks of Blackberries.  It makes me want to throw a bucket of rotten egg salad over the stall and onto the person’s head!

Come on people.  It doesn't need to be this way.

Just leave your phones at your desk or in your pocket once you enter the bathroom.  For the few minutes guys actually use the bathroom, just leave the technology and outside world at the door. 

On a final note, FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, wash your damn hands when you’re done!!!

1 comment:

  1. I don't mind the clicks. It's the people TALKING on the phone that drives me up the wall. The men's bathroom is a quiet place. The only sounds should be running water from faucets and toilets flushing, and perhaps the blowing hand dryer if the bathroom is so equipped. I can forgive the clicks, cause seriously... a stubborn poop gets really old really quick if you don't have something to distract yourself.

    ReplyDelete