Thursday, July 21, 2011

MOMMY DAUGHTER JAIL CELLS

I'm not sure really what it is, but I firmly believe there's an extra bond between mothers and daughters.  There's just something about it that makes this connection so special.
I also believe in the saying, "what happens in the family, stays in the family".
Thanks to an Idaho family, they prove both of my points.
Not just within the same year.
Not just within the same season.
Not just within the same month.
Not just within the same week.
Not just within the same day.
BUT...
Within the same hour, a mother and daughter were both arrested for drunk driving!
An Idaho sheriff arrested   28-year-old Alisha Gardner at 10:56 p.m. (partying?) after noticing how her car was swerving
Her blood-alcohol level was twice the legal limit.  She was taken to jail.
Within the hour, 51-year-old Diana Gardner arrived to pick up her daughter's dog, which was in the car.
An officer smelled alcohol on her and a test revealed that her blood-alcohol level was also twice the legal limit, so she was arrested
Now I don't have a big fancy degree, nor do I have a big time doctor show with people crying to me about their problems.  But I don't think it takes a genius to think this family has a problem.
Now this doesn't include everyone, but parents underestimate kids today.  I have tons of examples, and those examples have gotten more and more severe over the years.
Kids (or in this case young adults) pick up on habits, and feel invincible.  So two things need to happen…
Parents need to set examples.  If I did anything like that my father, would still, kick my ass!  They need to be taken down a notch.
Also, let them have some growing pains.  There's nothing wrong with not coming to the rescue, and letting them figure out things for themselves.
This family has problems.  They need to sit down and have a big talk.  I'm not sure if younger kids are in the house, but you don't want habits like this to spread.
Oh, by the way, no word on what happened to the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment