Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Netflix vs. Casey Anthony vs. You

I caved.  They tell you not to give in to peer pressure in high school, but I couldn't help myself. It was too tempting to resist.  Hopefully I don't regret it.

Last night, I signed up for a free trial of Netflix.

It didn't take me long to fall in love with the site.  Not long after exploring the site, I posted this on my Facebook...




Needless to say, this can become a big addiction already, but before I dived into movies, I wanted to explore the site more.  So I checked out the packages, and looked at twitter for reviews.

For those who don't know, Netflix recently raised the price on DVDs.  So if you want streaming movies and DVDs mailed to your house; you’ll have to pay $16 per month.  Originally, Netflix offered the plan for around $10 per month. They still have a cheap plan, but for whatever reason, this threw people into a tail spin. 

Amazingly, after checking twitter, I was dumbfounded by the way people reacted to the price change.  They actually compared the way Netflix raised prices, to the trial of Casey Anthony!




So to reiterate.  People are comparing the brutal death of a child, to a hike in their movie rentals.  Again, death, to a $7 price hike. 

Really assholes!

This type of shit makes me mad.  Where the fuck are your priorities?  I'm not here to debate the verdict of the trial; this is about comparing the tragedy of a little girl, again, TRAGEDY, to your movie viewing enjoyment.

You're able to get away with saying whatever you want on social networks, but that doesn't mean you have to say it!  I really hope people are making really bad jokes.  Now if those people are serious, those are people that need to be in prayers.

2 comments:

  1. WOW that is scary to think that people actually think that way, maybe they should stop watching movies and do something productive. I bet all the people that are comparing casey anthony to net flicks are unemployed low lives living off the government and refuse to work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or really just young and stupid. Either way. People need to know better.

    ReplyDelete