Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Powerful Against Nazis; Powerless Against Movie Producers

F'em in the A!!!

Captain Planet, Captain Kirk & Captain Ahab; all of 'em!

That’s because the real captain, Captain America (Cap for short), would kick their lily asses!

In a previous blog, I mentioned how I was a devoted Marvel Comic reader growing up.  Now to be honest I didn't read a ton of Cap, but even while reading Spider-Man, Cap was a figure that was larger than life.  Just like the way Babe Ruth or Abraham Lincoln is to others. 

Now yes, I know he's a made up comic character.  At the same time though, you're a jerk for not liking him.  He's a character that's been around for about 70 years, his original job was to raise American patriotism, and he also beats up Nazis.

So what's not to like?!?!

I bring all of this up because I'm very excited for the new movie, "Captain America: The First Avenger".

It takes a lot to get me in a theater now, and Cap meets the requirements.

Of course though, there's a topic of debate with the movie.  To tell you the truth, I can't blame people for being annoyed by it.

It seems that Captain America, had a problem overseas.

Three countries (Russia, Ukraine, and South Korea) don't want "America" in the title.  It's simply being dubbed "The First Avenger".

Oversea movie producers say the word America would deter those with anti-American sentiments.

The band War said it best, “WHY CAN’T WE BE FRIENDS, WHY CAN’T WE BE FRIENDS?”

If you like Nazis, then I can understand why you’d hate this movie.  Also, understand that I’d like to donkey kick you in the teeth!  For all others, they need to calm down the hatred, seriously!

It’s not a documentary.  It’s a comic book movie hitting the big screen.  So people need to, somewhat, check their emotions at the door.  Can’t we just act like kids for a few hours, and forget all the problems we have with each other?

As for movie producers, what can I say, other than thanks for thinking about the all mighty dollar once more.

Lastly, I want to sum up what Stan ‘The Man’ Lee says about the Captain America title issue…

“The movie is not going to be anti any country or any group of people except the bad guys, who could be any race or creed or nationality.”

This just screams 'BAD ASS'!!!

2 comments:

  1. yay johnny storm in a title role......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I def. want to see it

    ReplyDelete