Thursday, August 25, 2011

ANDY LEVY TAKES ON CHRIS BROWN

I've mentioned it before, but I'll bring it up yet again.  There's two things i hate more than anything.  The first is child abuse, and the second is domestic abuse. 

I specifically touched on domestic abuse in a past blog:
Man Law Monday #2: WALK A MILE IN HER SHOES


That being said, I want to talk about what's going on in the news.

Its well known that R&B singer Chris Brown beat the hell out of his girlfriend, and fellow singer, Rihanna in 2009.  Since then Brown has been almost been, "welcomed back", by much of his fan base.  However, many people have not forgotten it.

On August 16th, Brown sent out the following tweet...



BTW - For those who don't know, planking is laying face down, hands at your side and staying still.

Not long afterwards, Red Eye Ombudsman Andy Levy, from Fox News replied to his tweet...



As always, Brown trying to get the knockout punch, responded to Levy with...


Now in terms of the twitter battle, it end there.  But when you're televised on a national news station, you have a VERY good chance of getting the last word in.

The following words are the transcription of Levy's "apology"...

I apologize for referencing the fact that you beat the crap out of Rihanna.  It was disrespectful of me to draw attention to the fact that you put your girlfriend in the hospital.
And further, it was not my place to make people remember that you beat a woman with your fists, leaving her with multiple facial contusions, a bloody nose and a split lip.  I know that now.
I also appreciate that you tweeted me letting me know that children conduct themselves better than I do.  You are correct, and I can only hope to one day mature to the point where I can conduct myself in a more adult manner.
          Possibly by throwing a chair out of a window and storming out of a building with my shirt off.  I ask only for your patience.
          To Team Breezy.  I would like to also say that I’m sorry, and thank you for your thousands of tweets with taught me a lot about the creative possibilities of spelling, grammar and syntax.
                   In particular.  I’d like to thank the female members of Team Breezy, who have taught me that as long as you can sing, you can beat the living hell out of a woman and other women will still love you.


As far as I know, that's the last of the verbal fight between the two.  Now, fans of both guys are up in arms about the whole situation, and this is where my rant begins.

BROWN BEAT THE FUCKING HELL OUT OF RIHANNA!!!  HE DESERVES ALL THE VERBAL ABUSE/TAUNTING THAT COMES HIS WAY!!!

He says he's sorry for what he's done. If that’s so, then he needs to take what people are saying, and just deal with it.  Brown isn’t the victim here, in fact, he never was. 

Levy is pointing out the facts here.  So I don’t see the problem.  I know Brown’s fan base may have a problem with it, but how can they really have an issue.  They’re following someone who has temper tantrums and beat his girlfriend.

No matter what, I guess the only thing I can take from this story, is how sorry I feel for Brown’s fans.  If you can defend Chris Brown, well, you need all the prayers and help you can get.



No comments:

Post a Comment