Friday, August 19, 2011

Growing Up Is 'ALL THAT'

Well, apparently my invitation for someone to write my blog for a day was too good to pass up.  Tell you the truth, this one is so good, that I’d be a fool not to post it.
So for today, here’s a special edition blog, by my buddy Billy. ***Need more B’s in that sentence :P**

============================
When we’re kids, we can’t wait to grow up and be an adult. Once we’re adults, we wish we could be kids again…it’s a term that we’re all familiar with…Nostalgia.
 

That’s exactly what starts to set in when we experience something from a much simpler time in our lives. It could be a negative feeling like, “I’m never getting those days back” and if you look at it that way then it’s a shame but sometimes it’s hard not to feel that way. It should; however be a celebration of things that you hold in your heart as important building blocks of who you are today.

My reason for writing this? 90’S ARE ALL THAT! YES, THE 90’S ARE ALL THAT! Some of you may not know what I’m talking about so let me explain.

The cable channel TEEN NICK has begun to run the 90’s Nickelodeon shows that we all grew up loving, every weeknight at midnight! From what I understand, it’s a test to see how well it does, and could quite possibly, become its own channel. The Facebook page iS totally blowing up which is great to see…there’s more like us!

Now when I first heard this I was ecstatic! Salute Your Shorts, Doug, All That, Hey Dude, Wild & Crazy Kids, Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple etc… I even have every season of “Are You Afraid of the Dark” on DVD (Yes, they do sell them on Ebay!)

I sat with my fiancée Christina, and our friend Jenna, to watch Doug for the first time in years last week. It didn’t really hit me until watching it, but I realized how much time has passed since those first aired.

Now to be honest, it was a bittersweet experience. It made me realize, Wow I’m in my mid-20s already, and yesterday I was 12. I know a lot of people scoff at this coming from a 25 year old but I think we can all relate to this…When you’re a teenager, it feels like it’ll last forever and it seems to; then you wake up one day and your done with college stuck in the middle of the rat race of life.

So, watching these shows takes me back to a simpler time, and while I miss those days, I also appreciate them for making me the person I am today…and HEY! Being an adult ain’t that bad, but nothing compares to SNICK! I know I’m not the only one who made sure he was home for that every Saturday!

So those shows are important to everyone in and around my age for that exact reason, these are shows that meant the world to us and they always have a special place. So definitely check it out if you can everyone, it’s a trip and if you’re having a bad “adult” day, watching these shows will make it all seem less important somehow.




No comments:

Post a Comment