Friday, August 5, 2011

List Of What's More Dangerous Than A Shark...

(In really spooky, haunted house type voice) BEEEEEWAAAAARRRE OF SHARK WEEK...Muahahahaha

People are talking about them, and not surprisingly, I'm not caring about them.

I don't really get the obsession over sharks.  I guess it's just the fascination of Jaws, mixed with really good promoters involved with shark week. 

Whatever it may be, I just don't get it.  Looking back now. I think my nonchalant attitude comes from a class in college.

The big news story, "Shark attacks on the rise"!

The reality of it; only a slight few more attacks actually happened.  People were actually afraid of this headline, while in reality, it was complete nonsense.  Then 9/11 happened, and of course, sharks were out of the spotlight.

I don't hate the creature, but like I said, I just don't see why people get wrapped in the hype. 

So because of which, we're going to have another fun interactive blog.

Rules apply the same as last time.

I want you to think about the 20 things that are statistically more dangerous than sharks.  Anything that is designed to harm people (ex...guns, bombs,etc)  are not on today's list.

See if what you picked came up.  Hopefully this will also work on emails (fingers crossed)!!! Just simply highlight the words after the **start here**, click, and slowly drag down to reveal the hidden list. GOOD LUCK!

***Start Here***

Obesity
Kills 30,000 people annually

Lightening
Kills 10,000 people annually

Texting while driving
Kills 6,000 people annually

Hippos
Kills 2,900 people annually

Airplanes
Kills 1,200 people annually

Volcanoes
Kills 845 people annually

Autoerotic Asphyxiation
Kills 600 people annually

Shopping On Black Friday
Kills 550 people annually

Falling Out Of Bed
Kills 450 people annually in the United States

Bathtubs
Kills 340 people annually

Deer
Kills 130 people annually

Icicles
Kills 100 people annually in Russia alone

Hot Dogs
Kills 80 children Annually

Tornadoes
Kills 60 people annually

Jellyfish
Kills 40 people annually

Dogs
Kills 30 people annually in the United States

Ants
Kills 30 people annually

High School Football
Kills 20 people annually

Vending Machines
Kills 13 people annually

Roller Coasters
Kills 6 people annually

****SHARKS****
Kills 5 people annually

You can believe and be fascinated as much as you want about sharks.  But at the end of the day, statistics always win.  Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get my TV pitch ready for "Vending Machine Mayhem" week.

No comments:

Post a Comment