Monday, August 1, 2011

Munching Your Way To The Grave

**MAN-LAW BLOG WILL BE A DAY LATE.  SO HERE'S SOMETHING I WAS PLANNING ON POSTING TOMORROW**

It's definitely that time of year.  Ladies are worrying about bikini season, and guys want to turn their keg of a stomach into a six pack. 

I'm no different then anyone else.  I signed up for the New York Warrior Dash.  A 5K race with about a dozen army obstacle courses spread throughout.  Crazy?  Perhaps, but I'm doing my best to get ready for it.

Meanwhile, people are perfectly content stuffing themselves like a thanksgiving turkey. 

Sorry folks, but I shake my head the same way at people who smoke, and those who eat 2,000 calorie fast food burgers. I'm not trying to be discriminatory, but if you're at the point where you can't tie your own shoes because you're so rollie pollie, then you have a problem.

My parents made sure my brother and I never ate too much junk.  I don't know what I was more nervous about; showing my dad I failed at a test, or getting caught taking cookies out of the cabinet.

Now, fast food giant McDonalds is changing their kids meals.  All kids meals will be served with apple slices and smaller portions of fries.  Personally, i feel like the small serving of fries is big.  So I'm happy to hear about the change. 

But for every little bit of news, there's always some bad.

Summer is also the time for carnivals, and carnies are doing what's needs to get people's attention.  To do that, they're making the most god awful unhealthiest food possible.

You can get "Big Kahuna Donut Burger" for a mere 1,500 calories.  In it, quarter-pound burger in between slices of a grilled, glazed doughnut.  Oh, and I can't forget the cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomato.

Other fairs with have disgusting options of...

Chocolate covered bacon on a stick, fried beer, Fried jelly beans and "Koolickle," pickles soaked in Kool-Aid. 

Yuck...I think I have heartburn from just listing those things!

But what do you find disgusting.  Does the thought of some every day food make you sick?

Some people take health food really far, but it's best to take it too far then to munch on shreds fries every night.

I just don't want to be that person who can't breath after walking up a flight of stairs.  I was to compete and enjoy life.  However, if I turn into that guy, please push me down the stairs to knock some sense into me!

No comments:

Post a Comment