Wednesday, September 7, 2011

BIG KEV NEEDS STUFF

I hate to admit it, but the corny old saying is true. You really don't realize what you got, till it's gone.  I feel dirty typing that phrase, but I know that no truer words may've ever been used.

Unfortunately, I can apply that phrase to something I've recently discovered.  But as always, here's a little back story...

http://www.thecomicbookmarket.com/
I got a job at a local comic book shop to earn a few extra bucks. I know and love comics, so I figured it would be perfect.  Well one day, this guy Matt came in, and started telling me about his podcast.

Quickly, he sold me on the show. Matt is the co-host of "Big Kev’s Geek Stuff".  The topics ranged from comic books, DVDs, movies/shows, cult classics and much more. He gave me the info to download it from iTunes, and I promised him I'd give my honest review of it, his next time in.

Well, I sat at my Mac, and watched the status bar of the download.  I was starting to get nervous.  I prayed that it would be a good show. Matt seemed like a really nice guy, and I knew I would feel bad telling him I didn't like it.
FYI - That's his boomstick

I double clicked on the MP3, and the show started up.  "ALL RIGHT YOU PRIMITIVE SCREW HEADS, LISTEN UP!"

I burst out in laughter at the intro.  It started with one of my favorite movies, "Army of Darkness".  Right away, I knew I'd love the show.

Matt came back to the store, and I told him how I loved everything about the show; the banter between him and Kev, breaking down events and just talking about what's going on in the 'geek world'.

That was about 3-4 years ago, and I've downloaded every episode since. 

Now I'll be honest; between getting this blog going, and starting a new job, I've slacked in recent months listening to the podcast.  I said to myself, "Not like the shows going anywhere."

Well, I ate those words, that's for damn sure.

Big Kevs has been robbed.  Literally.  An iMac, microphones, and who knows what else, of expensive equipment. To add insult to injury, a wedding ring was stolen too.

Usually on my blogs, this is the point I would curse out the robber, and hope something bad happened to him/her.  While I still hope something bad happens, I want to tackle what's important. 

Big Kev's Geek Stuff has provided me countless hours of entertainment, for the low low low price of NOTHING!  Hell, they even hosted a special semi-live show and provide dinner for fans.

So it's my turn to help the show.
Anyone can help, and donate to the show. A link is at the bottom so you can donate any amount.  The smallest amounts can add up to big things.  I know money can be rough at times.  It is or me right now.

So you can contact the show, about donating items, to get auctioned off to help raise money.  I'm doing so with statues, toys and other stuff I've been too lazy to list on eBay.

These local guys need our help. They're good people, that have provided tons of free entertainment for people.  Now, it's time to help them out.




No comments:

Post a Comment