Monday, September 19, 2011

Man-Law #17: Be The Birthday Buddy

My hell
People are surprised when I tell them, but I'm not a big fan of holidays like Christmas or Valentine’s Day.  It feels more like a headache that's forced upon you by malls and television specials.

Birthdays however, are a totally different story.  This brings me to today’s Man-Law...

Man-Law #18: Be The Birthday Buddy

I consider Birthdays to be personal holidays.  Think of it as a get out of jail free card for someone you care about.

Rock out w/ your b-day cake out!
That person gets to do what they want. 

Anything from staying in for game night, to a night out on the town with friends. 

As a good buddy, you need to make sure that person doesn't drive or have to pay for anything.  Simple as that.  Long as the birthday boy is having a good time, that's all that matters.

This past Saturday friends and I went out for my birthday.  All I wanted to do was see people I care about, and drink my ass off at my favorite bar. 

Result?...mission accomplished :)


I couldn't ask for anything more. I was surrounded by amazing people who
are always there for me, and I didn't spend a penny on booze.  I really couldn't ask for anything more.

That's why you need to step up on someone's birthday.  It's the one day a year someone can act selfish and make it all about them, with it being alright.  If you care about your buddy, make that night memorable, or in some cases, get them so lit that they can't remember it :)


*Side-note*
Tomorrow is my actual birthday, so I'm not sure if I'll make a blog tomorrow, if I don't, you now know why :P

No comments:

Post a Comment