Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ron Paul Takes New York City

When I started writing blogs, I wanted to keep it funny, and react to what's in the news.  The one thing I wanted to avoid was decisions made in Washington.  A political commentator just doesn't feel like me.

Rarely do people read about politics, and well, feel happy by the end of an article.  So I've been avoiding it for quite a while.

At the same time, I've learned that a blog is all about personal experiences.  So I guess I can ignore my personal rule on politics since we're getting closer to 2012.


The Beatles or Ron Paul.  Looks the same.

Monday night I attended the Ron Paul event at Webster Hall.  It was the first rally I went to that wasn't on an election day of some sort. 

Honestly, I was blown away by it.


First, I'll talk about the crowd itself. 

The place was packed, and filled with enthusiastic Paul followers.  What made them so amazing, was the diversity.  Young, old, black, white, fifth generation, off the boat, and so much more.  However there's something they all shared. 

Freedom & liberty

They all believe in the constitution, and want equal and free rights for all Americans.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.  Just what's best for their fellow man, and what people around the world desire.

The only word I can sum up the crowd was, fun. 


Lots of love at Webster Hall
Listening to conversations, group discussions, laughs...you name it...and people were just enjoying each others company.

Then, the show started.

Guest speakers came up, and the crowd got into it, but just like any concert, people were there for the main event. 

Ron Paul walked on stage, and if you weren't paying attention, you'd think it was one of the Beatles during the height of Beatle-mania.

I was cautiously optimistic about Paul.  I was very intrigued by his 2008 campaign way back when.  But I went in with an open mind, and didn't want to be persuaded by anyone else besides Ron Paul. 

I have to tell ya.  Mission successful on his part.

Gotta love a press pass
Essentially, he wants to follow the constitution down to the T.  Putting very few rules and regulations in place, so that you're the only person who's in charge of your destiny.  Um....YES PLEASE!!!

He didn't bash anybody, well, except for the Federal Reserve.  Paul just stuck to his points, and just talked.  No script, no prompter, just all off the cuff.

Now I don't consider myself a Republican, Democrat, Libertarian or anything else.  To be honest, I don't even know what the hell I'd consider my viewpoints. 

I do know what I personally stand for, and that I want what's best for this country.

So if anything.  As of right now, I guess I'd consider myself a Ron Paul supporter.


No comments:

Post a Comment