Tuesday, October 11, 2011

WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH WON’T LET STEVE JOBS R.I.P.

It's no secret by now, but while I was on my blogging vacation, Apple CEO Steve Jobs died of pancreatic cancer.  What not as many people are aware of, is the fact the 'Westboro Baptist Church' plans to protest his funeral.

R.I.P. Steve Jobs

I'm only bringing this up now, because I want to compare this to something that happened yesterday to me.

For the second time, my dad had to have brain surgery to have brain Tumors removed. 

This first time was in 2000 or 2001.  Doctors literally had to crack his head open and perform a 12 hour surgery to remove them.  Then, he had a slow 4-5 months of recovery and rehab to endure.

SuperDad
This was really tough on me at the time.  Kids see their dad as superman.  No matter how old they may be.

His procedure yesterday was not nearly as dramatic as it was a decade ago.

Doctors literally drilled holes into his head, and zapped the Tumors with lasers to remove them.  Already, he can walk around and do things!  I said his head looks more like a bowling ball now, but otherwise, the man looks great!

Ok, now to dig deeper into the Jobs story.

The day the media announced Jobs' passing, one of the church members released the following tweet...


Notice the irony?  The tweet was sent from an iPhone.  Ok, back to the story.

According to this "church", Steve Jobs was a bad bad man.  However, as you can see from these pictures, hating on people is their past time of sorts.





They say it's in the name of God, so his name can be glorified.  Now I may not be the most religious church goer, but I'm pretty sure God would be ticked off for spreading hate and making lives harder for people in his name.


This group is a bunch of hate mongers.  Even the KKK distanced themselves saying they’re hate mongers!  The "church" is used as a front to hate on people.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.  Which is probably why they're not recognized as an actual church by Baptist Church Associations. Seems like they get off on making living relatives/friend's even sadder.

Where’s the connection between the two stories?  Ok, here it's is...

Why can't we all just get along?
Can't we all just get along?  I mean really.  Who knows how much longer we have on this earth.  Why waste any second of it hating or making life harder for your fellow man?

Does color, religion or sexual preference really matter, as long as it's not literally hurting someone?  Personally, as long as you're a good person, I have no reason to treat someone differently. 

I want to enjoy my company with others.  I want to live life to the fullest.  I want to continue having awesome family & friends.  I want to help where possible.  Most importantly, I want to inspire people, the way Steve Jobs did.

No comments:

Post a Comment