Friday, October 21, 2011

WHAT A SURPRISE, A TRANSIT SYSTEM THAT SUCKS

There are only a few things in life that are guaranteed.

-Taxes
-Death
And if you live in the Tri-State area
-The incredibly shitty service given by New Jersey Transit

I know I've bitched about it before in previous blogs, but now, I have hard evidence that it's not just me.

In a customer satisfaction survey, done by the transit system, passengers/customers give it 4.2 out of 10. Down 4.5 from April. 

To make this an even bigger laughing stock, this survey was being taken during a huge transit delay at New York Penn Station. 

My first question...why was this performed at New York Penn, and not Newark Penn as well?

I've taken NJ Transit consistently 5 out of the last 6 years, but for some reason, my voice wasn't heard.  Is it because like many others, I take the PATH into Manhattan from Newark? 

PATH trains are much cheaper and reliable. So many disgruntled riders take the PATH into work.

So did NJ Transit deliberately skip all of these riders in Newark?  I wouldn't be surprised if they did.  A 4.2 seems too generous to me.  Personally, I would like to bring that score down some.

I have no beef with those who work on the train.  I'd say it's more of the behind the scenes stuff.
Trains are always late, there's never an advisory of what's going on with delays, and prices keep going up, while trains are being cut back on.

After the Ron Paul Event I went to a few weeks ago, it literally took me 3.5 hours to get home!!!!  That's insanity.  To make matters worse, it costs me $85 to go from my house to Newark (roughly 4, maybe 5 mile train ride).  Now to go from Newark, to 32nd street, that's $70!!!  There's no reason why residents need to get screwed over like this, because of mistakes, made by lawmakers.

It's just a good thing that NJ Transit isn't a publicly traded company.  If so, they would've gone under years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment