Thursday, November 24, 2011

AMERICA, SHOW SOME THANKS


This is a time to give thanks. 

This is a time to remember what we have, because along the path of life, it’s so easy to forget how good we may have it.

I don’t want to hear otherwise from people. 

I may not be blessed with an enormous trust fund, a job that pays me six figures, nor the skills to accomplish any task thrown at me.  However, I know that I have it much better, than other people in this world.

So like I said.  I don’t want to hear the bitching and moaning.

I mention this on Thanksgiving because, well, we’re able to give thanks.  All due to sacrifices that were made.  In some cases, people gave the ultimate sacrifice. 


Unfortunately, some people don’t know how to say thank you.  For that matter, they don’t know how to show respect to those who’ve provided so much for all of us.

I’d like to think that I’m respectful at all appropriate moments. One of the most appropriate times, would probably be the “Tomb of the Unknown Soldier” in Arlington Texas.

Sadly, not as many people have the same common sense.  I came across a video on YouTube, showing a Tomb Guard (forgive me if I misuse the wrong terminology), yelling at loud bystanders.



For such a simple video, I need to be honest, it really took me aback.  I’m not too sure what the reason may be.  Maybe it’s the fact people were being so disrespectful, or the fact a guard spoke out like he did. 

It’s not someone’s first choice to take a baby to a movie, because they know it wouldn’t be fair to the crowd once the kid starts crying.  For some reason though, it doesn’t occur to show respect to those who deserve it most.

So on this Thanksgiving, I will use this time to say my thanks, to those who deserve it most. 

To those who risk your lives so we can live ours…
To those who temporarily leave your families, while we can see ours…
To those who carry out daily orders, so we can say what we want…
And finally…
To those who have given the ultimate sacrifice.

Thank you


No comments:

Post a Comment