Tuesday, November 29, 2011

BLACK AND BLUE FRIDAY

Oh how I love Thanksgiving…family/friends, food, football…what’s not to love?!?!

Don’t fall into a trap though.  Like a boxer preparing for the fight of his/her life, you need to prepare for your epic battle. 

The retail battle that is.

Black Friday, arguably, has the best deals of any day in the year.  Also, it’s the first official shopping day of the holiday season.

It brings out the best deals possible.  At the same time, it brings out the worst in people at times.

Now before I go on, let me admit, that I myself, have participated in Black Friday.  By participate, I've been that nut standing at the mall door since midnight, waiting for doors to open.

Some years I bought stuff for me.  Majority of the time, it was for other people, especially kids in the family.

So I can understand people going crazy for items.  People forget one thing.  Besides the awesome deals, you get something else.  An almost guarantee that a particular item will be in stock.

Just knowing people can get a particular item is all they need to go bat shit crazy. 

Oh, and trust me, they are balls to the wall crazy.

People make a big deal that someone pepper sprayed others to get away from their shopping cart.  We're horrified that brawls have broken out.  Oh, and there was the one instance where someone was KILLED by a stampede of Wal-Mart shoppers.

Yeah, Black Friday is crazy to say the least. 

My suggestion for people who are interested in participating next year...make an F'n game plan!!!

Know what you want to buy, figure out where you want to go shopping, how bad you need a particular item, and ALWAYS add safety into the equation.

Simple as that.  Consider that the Cliffnote version of Black Friday survival.

Oh, and one last important note.  Schedule time for when you're done shopping, to take a LOOOOOOOOONG and deserving nap?

No comments:

Post a Comment