Monday, February 27, 2012

WOMEN'S WAYS: THE FRIEND ZONE


I haven't done a Man-Law in a while.  So I figured, why do it like any normal one, and switch it up for today.

It's no secret that women are a species that will always boggle men worldwide. So I'd like to discuss something that I can never understand. 

“THE FRIEND ZONE”

Yes, I understand the direct definition of the phrase, and Urban Dictionary says it best…

What you attain after you fail to impress a woman you’re attracted to.  Usually initiated by the woman saying, “You’re such a good friend”.  Usually associated with long days of suffering and watching your love interest hop from one bad relationship to another.  Verb tense is “Friend-ed”.

“I spent all that money on a date, just to find out she put me in the Friend Zone (Said with eerie echo).”

“You know that hot girl I’ve been talking to?  She just Friend-ed me.”


 Now yes, it’s good to have friends of the opposite sex.  I’ve mentioned it a ton of times before.  In fact, I have lots of female friends, and trust me; it’s always helpful for advice. 

Here’s the kicker however that I don’t understand…

Why do women complain about not being able to find good guys to date, but they have a pen full of people they’ve put in the friend zone?

I’ve heard so many stories before.  She’ll date some asshole that barely tries to get a job, no drive whatsoever, gets in trouble with the law, is totally unfaithful…for the sake of being repetitive…I’ll stop now.  You get the idea.

Yet when it comes to someone they can totally trust, giving a second thought to dating the person, is apparently blasphemy!?!?!

I just don’t understand how women can be so blind.  They define someone as ‘just being friends’, when in all reality, that person is what they’re looking for in a relationship!

I’m not writing this out of frustration whatsoever. 

I’m honesty writing this because I’ve seen it a bazillion times.

Frankly, it’s just one more reason men will never understand about women.


No comments:

Post a Comment