Monday, January 7, 2013

COLLECTING WISDOM FROM KEVIN SMITH


Whenever possible, I like to start these blogs off with some type of quote.  I don’t really care what they are;  funny, inspirational or just related to the subject of the day.
Today though, I want to center the entire blog around a particular quote from the man himself, Kevin Smith. 

On Smith’s weekly  ‘Smodcast’, he had on Gerard & Mikey Way of ‘My Chemical Romance’.  He talked to the Jersey brothers on a number of different topics, but one in particular really caught my attention. 

He talked about collecting.  Not so much of what he likes to collect, but the evolution of the process, which isn’t for the better.







I don’t think I could put it any better.

The adventure…the road trip…the work…they all make a reward so much more gratifying. 


Don’t go the easy route for something you want.  The payoff is never there.  Instead, put some hard work into it.  Remember, work hard…and work smart.

That combination will make life in general so much more gratifying.  

Now on a separate note, I’d like to mention an upcoming comic book show that I think you should look into.

The Clifton Monthly Comic Book Expo will be on January 13th at the ‘Clifton Community Recreation Center’.  I’ll be there doing a video & written review of the show.  Come out and take a look at it.  Promise it’ll be good times for all, and better than going on ebay!

No comments:

Post a Comment